Improving your social media reach could be a difficult task to do, considering the high level of competition between businesses on social media platforms. What makes it even tough is the fact that each social media platform operates by its own algorithm.
The easiest way to put your content in front of target audience is through paid ads and sponsored content. But small businesses always have tighter budget constraints and they cannot afford doing it regularly. This is why you always look for a balance between paid and organic content to get maximum social media presence and attention.
Increasing your social media reach organically is difficult to achieve but not impossible. Here we will discuss with you 5 most effective ways to organically increase your social media reach in 2022 and beyond.
1. Choose the Right Social Media Networks
Most businesses think they need to have a presence on every social media platform, from Facebook to Instagram to Pinterest. But this is not the case in reality. Choosing the right forum is the key to success.
To run a successful social media campaign, it is necessary that you choose the right channels. There are several networks available, from Facebook to Instagram to TikTok, to help you connect with prospective clients. You have to decide the right platform for your brand considering audience and your goals. Choose:
1. Facebook: If you wish to generate organic leads for your small business or build relationships. There are several online guides available to learn how you can use Facebook to promote your brand. Or you can always seek help of a social media marketing agency in Dubai.
2. Instagram: It is the second most popular and powerful social media platform, after Facebook. Almost all kinds of businesses flourish well here. If you wish to partner with influencers, Instagram is an ideal option.
3. Snapchat: If your social media content is all about images and short videos, and you are promoting your product or service to youth (under 35 years of age), Snapchat could be the right platform.
4. Twitter: If you want user engagement on time sensitive content, such as breaking news, trending topics and key announcements that require immediate user attention, Twitter would be the right choice.
5. LinkedIn: If you are selling some professional services, or you are a B2B business, you can use LinkedIn to connect with professional from around the world.
Tip: If you are new social media marketing, one simple tip to decide is to see where your competitors have a strong presence.
2. Optimize Your Social Media Accounts
Did I tell you earlier that like your website content, you need to optimize your social media content as well? When creating content for your social media platforms, optimize it for search engines using best-practicing on-page SEO techniques. This will allow your social media profile to have a better visibility and search engine optimization.
Some simple optimization tips that can work include:
- Select an easy to remember username for your professional account
- Add a recognizable photo (preferably brand logo) to the profile
- Use keyword-rich descriptions for the products that you post
- Don't forget to add a trackable link back to your brand site
- Last but not the least, smartly phrase your call-to-actionintriguing visitors to take the action
These optimization tips apply to social media accounts of all sorts and kinds, regardless of their sizes and niche.
3. Create Evergreen Content
Creating "evergreen" content will make your social media stand out, regardless of the subject matter. When you post a content with an expiry date, it soon gets buried under the pile. But when you create posts on topics that always remain alive, such as common and persistent issues related to your industry. You can create how-to guides on some persistent problems or, share some easy hacks that you believe would be helpful for people even after 10 years.
It is pertinent to mention here that your evergreen content must be engaging. No matter how dry industry you are a part of, you can still find dozens of ways to make your posts lively and engaging. Add humor and emotions to your evergreen content and see your social media reach growing organically within days.
Tip: Always create and post positive content. People prefer sharing positive content more than negative content.
4. Engage With Your Followers
You may find interacting with followers the trickiest part of social media marketing, but believe me, once you are into it you enjoy it. And the best part is, if you are good at interacting with people and engaging them, this can skyrocket your organic reach on social media. When you engage with followers and reply to their comments in a timely manner, you build a positive reputation that spreads.
This ultimately helps attract people who are genuinely interested in your products/services. When you forge this kind of bond with your prospects, it creates a ripple effect for your organic reach. Meaning the positive impact will spread across other people on social, who will then come and see what your brand is offering.
5. Keep a Balance between Promotional Stuff and Useful Content
You may find it tough to maintain right balance between the promotional content and the stuff useful from user point of view. It is hard to resist posting your product-related content, after all you created this profile to promote your products or services on social media. But you can’t always think of your business only when it comes to increasing social media reach. Think from user perspective as well and post the content that your audience would find useful.
You can always post how-to guides, short videos, blog posts related to your industry. This helps grow user trust in your business. While there is no hard and fast rule on how much promotional stuff you should post per month, it is better to maintain 80/20 balance. This means 80% of posts you make should be useful and helpful, while 20% could be about brand and product promotions.
Tip: Make sure you use a mixture of images, videos, short clips, and other types of engaging content.
Simply put, the secret to increasing your social media reach is the same as the secret to improving your web ranking on search engines. It’s all about:
- User experience, and
- High-quality content.
So, think about your social media strategy the same way you think about your SEO tactics, and you will start seeing the difference soon.
If you still struggle to improve your social media reach in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Saudi Arabia or all-across the GCC you can hire Iconic Advertising Social Media Services. We have years of experience of optimizing social media presence of businesses of all sizes and from different niches. To book an appointment, call us now or fill the form below.